1. Log into your DFP account
2. Create a new Order and Line item.
a. Go to Delivery > All orders, then click New order.
b. Under New order section:
- Name your order in the Name section (e.g. Insticator_Embed).
- Add your advertiser in the Advertiser section (e.g. Insticator).
c. Under New line item section:
- Name the line item in the Name section (e.g. Insticator_Embed_1).
- Click Add a new company under Advertiser section (scroll to the bottom of the drop down), on the new pop-up window, type Insticator under Name section and click save.
- Choose Standard in the Inventory sizes section, then type in your desired dimensions. If you want to use a 300px width embed with two 300x250 ad units, the whole dimension would be 300x850.If you want to use a 300px width embed with one 300x250 ad units, , the whole dimension would be 300x600
d. Under the Settings section:
- For Type, select Sponsorship.
- For Start time, select Immediately.
- For End time, select Unlimited.
- For Goal, select 100.
e. Click Save.
3. Create a new Ad unit.
- Go to Inventory -> Ad units -> click New ad unit.
- Name your code in the Code section. Add the same name as the line item to lower the risk of confusion (e.g. Insticator_Embed_1)
- Re-enter your code’s name from the Code Section into the Name section (e.g. Insticator_Embed_1).
- Add the ad unit’s dimension in the Size section. Make its dimension the same as the line item dimension (e.g. 300x850).
- Uncheck the AdSense inventory settings to disable your ad unit from competing with AdSense.
- Click Save.
4. Associate Line item with ad unit.
a. Go to Delivery -> All orders, then select the order you created in the third step.
b. Select the line item of this order.
c. Under the Add targeting section:
- Search and include the ad unit and placement you just created.
e. Click Save.
5. Create a new creative:
- Scroll to the top of this order page, then click Add creatives.
- Choose Custom in the newly loaded page.
- Name your creative in the Name section ( e.g. Insticator_Embed_1).
- Copy and paste the Insticator DFP Code from Insticator account into the Code snippet (Check out Where can I find my widget codes? for more details)
- Uncheck the box titled Serve into a SafeFrame.
- Click Save.
6. Approve your order:
- Go to Delivery -> All orders, then select the order you created in the third step.
- Click Approve.
- If there is a pop-up warning, click Approve to move forward.
7. Generate your DFP tag:
a. Go to Inventory -> Generate tags.
b. Search for your newly created ad unit, then click include.
c. Click Generate tags.
d. Under the Select Tag Type section:
- Confirm the Google Publisher Tag option is selected, then click Continue.
e. Under the Select Tag Options section:
- Confirm the Create pass back tag box is checked, and Standard GPT syntax for passback syntax is selected, then click Continue.
- The DFP tag is now generated. You can now paste this code anywhere in the body tag of your page where you want the widget and ads units to show.
8. The integration process is complete. Enjoy!